- ACE-ug admin
Juggling between Class 12th board exams and the looming Common University Entrance Test (CUET) might feel like walking on a tightrope with textbooks in one hand and practice papers in the other! But don’t worry, for this blog is your ultimate guide to acing the CUET while keeping your Class 12th preparations on track. Whether you’re an aspiring engineer, a budding accountant, or pursuing any other academic dream, we’ve got your back with tips, tricks, and a perfect roadmap to kickstart your CUET exam preparation without letting the board exams stress you out. So, let’s dive in and unlock the secrets to mastering both your academic challenges like a pro!
In this blog:
- CUET Exam Preparation: When to Start
- Section-wise Guide to CUET Exam Preparation
- Balancing Class 12th & CUET Exam Preparation
- CUET Exam Preparation: Choosing Domain Subjects
CUET Exam Preparation: When to Start
Ideally, students should start preparing for the CUET UG along with their Class 12th studies. It’s essential to strike a balance between board exam preparation and entrance exam preparation. Starting early, around 9 to 10 months before the CUET UG exam date, will give students sufficient time to cover the entire syllabus without compromising their board exam preparation.
Section-wise Guide to CUET Exam Preparation
The CUET UG syllabus typically consists of four sections: English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and General Knowledge.
|CUET Domain Subjects 2024
|Minimum: 2-3 Subjects Maximum: 6 Subjects
|General Mental Ability
|Biology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning
|Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
|Economics/ Business Economics
|Drama – Theatre
|Fine Arts/ Visual Arts
|Physical education/ NCC/ Yoga
|Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
|Mass Media/ Mass Communication
Here are some insights on how to prepare CUET sections:
- Read regularly: Develop a habit of reading newspapers, magazines, and good quality books to improve your reading comprehension and vocabulary.
- Grammar and Vocabulary: Brush up on grammar rules and expand your CUET vocabulary by learning new words and their usage.
- Practice Writing: Regularly practise essay writing and letter/precis writing to improve your writing skills.
Books for CUET English Language
- English Grammar in Use by Raymond Murphy
- CUET (UG) English Language by ACE-ug
- High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren &Martin
- Vocabulary by ACE-ug
- Strengthen Basics: Ensure you have a good understanding of fundamental concepts in mathematics from Class 9th to 12th.
- Practice Regularly: Solve a variety of problems from different topics like algebra, geometry, trigonometry, etc.
- Time Management: Focus on quick problem-solving techniques to improve your speed and accuracy during the exam.
Books for CUET Quantitative Aptitude
- CUET UG Quantitative Aptitude by ACE-ug. In this book you will get the question based on three difficulty level.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R.S. Sharma
- Shortcuts in Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by Disha Experts
- Test of Arithmetic by Arihant
- Understand Concepts: Get familiar with different types of reasoning questions such as verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning, logical reasoning, etc.
- Practice: Solve a wide range of reasoning problems to improve your analytical and logical thinking abilities.
- Identify Patterns: Learn to identify patterns and relationships between elements in a problem.
Books for CUET Reasoning
- CUET Analytical Reasoning & Logical Reasoning by ACE-ug
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Stay Updated: Keep yourself updated with current affairs by reading newspapers, following news websites, and watching news channels.
- General Awareness: Cover important topics like history, geography, science, politics, and other relevant subjects.
- Solve Practice Papers: Solve previous years’ GK question papers and participate in online quizzes on ACE-ug Application to test your knowledge.
- YouTube Channel for Current Affairs: The English Owl
Booklist for General Awareness
- CUET 2024: Ultimate General Knowledge Guide for DU | BHU | JNU | JMI | AMU by AMU by ACE-ug
- General Knowledge by Arihant
Balancing Class 12th and CUET UG Preparation
- Create a Study Schedule: Plan your study schedule in such a way that you allocate sufficient time for both Class 12th subjects and CUET UG preparation.
- Prioritise Class 12th: During board exam times or when exams are nearing, give priority to Class 12th preparation to score well in your board exams.
- Use Free Time Wisely: Utilise breaks between board exam preparation for quick revisions or solving practice questions for the CUET UG.
- Seek Support from Teachers: If you are struggling to manage both, communicate with your teachers and seek their guidance on managing studies effectively.
CUET Exam Preparation: Choosing Domain Subjects
While selecting your Domain Subjects for CUET, your decision should be based on two things –
- Consider Future Career Goals: Students should contemplate their long-term career goals and how a specific domain subject aligns with those aspirations. Some professions may require specific subjects or educational backgrounds, so students should keep that in mind when making their choice.
- Check University-specific Course Requirements: Every college and program has its own eligibility criteria for CUET Domain Subjects specific to different courses. For example, to study B. Com. (Hons.) in Delhi University students are required to appear in CUET with any of the following subject combinations:
A. Combination I: Any one Language from List A + Mathematics/Applied Mathematics + Any two subjects out of which at least one should be from List B1, Or,
B. Combination II: Any one Language from List A + Accountancy/Book Keeping + Any two subjects out of which at least one should be from List B1.
The merit will be based on the best CUET scores obtained from any of the above-mentioned combinations of subjects. The details about List A, B1 and B2 are in the next section. Remember, consistent efforts and a well-balanced approach are crucial for success in both Class 12th exams and the CUET UG. By starting early and following a disciplined study plan, you can excel in both examinations. If you are struggling with your CUET Prep, Contact us at 8588854548 for Free Guidance